Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Case Studies Anti Inflammatory for dogs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Julie Hatzell
      Student

HI, my lab has swimmers tail, first time in 7 years. I’m wondering what I can give him for pain. Maybe an anti-inflammatory that I can give him internally? Thank you!

Michelle Koch
        Student

Patrick recently posted a vlog article extolling the virtues of cramp bark. I purchased a bottle of cramp bark tincture, but I haven’t needed to use it yet, so I can’t say if it helps or not. Patrick says all of his products are pet safe, so you might consider trying cramp bark for your doggy.

Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

The Joint support formula has really good anti-inflammatory properties.
            Cramp bark is a wonderful antispasmodic/muscle relaxant. Sometimes that can really help with pain issues when muscle spasms are part of the problem. Otherwise, anti-inflammatories like turmeric, Boswellia, devils claw, willow, etc… are good choices.

Joint Support: https://herbpet.com/product/joint-support/

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Julie Hatzell
            Student
            Topic Author

What about yarrow, comfrey or chamomile? Are those safe for dogs to take? I don’t have access to the other herbs in the joint-support formula. I can get turmeric though.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                Homestead Instructor

For the most part, herbs safe for humans are safe for dogs. Don’t use hops or garlic.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top