Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Bidens Alba the cure all weed of the southeast

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Christen Mitchell
      Student

This is my “I’m new here” post- I live in Florida and have had excellent results using bidens alba for upper respiratory issues both in people and my rabbits.  I’ve used as a tea and as a tincture and find the tincture to be more effective.   Anyone else use bidens and if so what do you use it for?

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

Hi Cristen,

Welcome to the family! We’re glad you’re here. And, as an added bonus, I got to learn something neat from you on your very first day. I’ve never even heard of Bidens alba. That’s a particularly cute rascal. :0)

My seven seconds of deep research suggests that the leaf is the medicine. Is that the part you’re using?

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

I just did 32 more seconds of deep research…OK, so most of that was oogling the cute pictures….but i see it’s also edible and is about as nutritious as kale. :0)

Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Karon Marie Henick
            Student

I am interested to hear how you used it for your rabbits.  Did you feed them the plant?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top