Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Veterinary Herbology Diabities in Dogs seizure

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Valery Nguyen
      Student

It has been a rough morning. I woke up and gave my dog her insulin. She is a husky/lab/st Bernard mix. She was drinking half a bucket of water. I administered her insulin shot @ 7:46 am. Then let her go outside to do her morning business. Thank God my brother was outside working on his truck at the same time! I go to check on her and he yells my dog is having a seizure.  She had a convulsion and threw up she was on her side. I cried and prayed! Then She came to disoriented. As I used to have a seizure disorder before I’m aware she will be disoriented for a little bit. But is there anything I can do or should watch for? Could I have done something wrong by giving her insulin? it’s only been a few months since she was diagnosed. her sugar levels were over 400 when she was diagnosed with diabetes. She basically was my first child. I had to bottle-feed her and nurse her back to health as a pup. Also is there an herbal alternative in the event I couldn’t get insulin for my dog? I appreciate anyone who can help/ or answer any of these questions.

God bless you! Thanks Val

Have a blessed day!
        ~Val~

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Scroll to Top