Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Introductions, Greetings & Chit Chat Hello’s from NW Missouri! :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Elizabeth Anne Knaack
      Student

Hi,

I have been hiding in the shadows since abt 2016 – I would have had this course finished, but as life would have it, my studies keep getting knocked off course.  This year, I wish to complete this course and become certified.  I have a new study buddy – but even then, I am a big girl and really cannot continue making excuses for not creating pockets of time to study.

For example – two weeks ago, in between both my jobs (one of my jobs is inbound CS – remote), I found the time to watch all 8 of the Harry Potter movies in one week…whilst waiting for calls to come in or after work as my brain completed its daily meltdown into nocturnal oblivion.

This year – I have decided to take back my brain, my home, my garden, and my schooling.  So far, I am doing pretty well at staying focused – when my eyes are open.

I have been administering herbal remedies to myself and my family for about 30 years.  The first remedy I ever made was pine shoot and honey cough syrup that my herbalist recommended to me for my children’s unstoppable coughing when they were ill – the pharmaceutical bottled medicine was 30.00 for 8 oz – and we were on a very fixed budget, aka: poor.

Pine shoots were free and I had honey in the house.  The syrup was so effective, that I started researching other remedies to help my family.  My first herbal book was Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss – I still have it.

I look forward to learning even more – I love this course.

Thank you Doc Jones for creating it – what a blessing it has been to my family.

Elizabeth 🙂

Paula Tuttle
        Student

I have been seeing the saying “choose your hard” like its hard to be married and hard to get divorce “choose your hard” its hard to eat healthy and its hard to be overweight… “choose your hard. So this course I choose my hard trying to manage my time better but oh the distraction!

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Dr. Patrick Jones
            Homestead Instructor

Wow. I love that paradigm Paula.  :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Liberty manning
            Student

<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Yeah I feel that, the procrastination is real. I’m also looking forward to taking my health, time, schooling etc back this year. We all got this!!</p>

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top