Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Case Studies Herbal cleanse/ leaky gut protocol questions/testimony

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by .
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wanda Breighner
      Student

I’d love to see a Q&A for these two topics.  I have so many questions.  Since my goal is to be an herbalist with a practice to help individuals, I want to make sure I can answer their questions too!

Testimony:

I started with the cleanse.  While I did not eliminate all the food suggested, I eat pretty clean/organic/raw (milk, some cheese).  The only part I could not follow was the colon klnz.  Even though I have struggled with chronic constipation for almost 20+ years, I was only able to take one teaspoon once a day or I was running to the bathroom:).  I can’t say I noticed a difference after doing this.  BUT I started the leaky gut about two weeks afterward.  Within two days I started feeling better than I had in years.  For the last few years my mental state has declined to the point of a counselor telling me I was depressed.  I have had little energy or desire or motivation to do much of anything.  By day two my mental state had drastically improved to be better than it has in years.  My energy has been amazing!

Questions:

If someone is taking supplements (not HGH) should they stop? What about other tinctures? (even if they are from another company) I have a friend who takes some plexus products (against my recommendation!) and has seen some results from it.  She’d like to stop taking them but is concerned her issues that resolved may return.  Should she stop these? Or can she do this while continuing? She is asking this.

Are there things people should/could notice improving while doing this?

How long can/should someone continue the leaky gut? I feel so good while using them despite despising taking the clay:) How often can/should this be done? I remember that the cleanse can be done 1-2/year.

Renee Galvas
        Student

Wanda,
          After the cleanse, you may want to continue the healing process by drinking bone broth. A lot of it. 20 plus years ago, I read a study of a doctor who treated many clients with
          leaky gut. They reversed their condition with bone broth. You can make your own, but pho soup is basically bone broth with onions and spices that is readily available at Asia cuisine places.
          It is worth a try. Let us know how things go for you.
          Renee

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Wanda Breighner
            Student
            Topic Author

Renee Galvas Thank. you!  I’m not sure why I didn’t see your response.  Isn’t it funny how we don’t follow the advice we give others?! I tell people all the time about drinking homemade bone broth.  I go in spurts and know I need to get back to it.

I’m hoping Doc chimes in with my other questions.

Renee Galvas
                Student

There seems to be a lot of support for bone broth and gut health online, but I cannot find the original study that influenced me. It seems to help especially when fasting. I hope you are feeling better.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top