Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Case Studies Herbs to help with weight loss

• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by .
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jessica Rose
      Student

Yes, I know herbs are not a substitute for diet and exercise related to weight loss. I know there’s no magic pill. But, what herbs are really good for helping the process along?

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Michelle Koch
        Student

I have yet to try it, but everything I’ve read about mulberry leaves suggests it can help support healthy weight, mostly by acting against insulin resistance, and maintaining balanced blood sugar levels.

4 users thanked author for this post.
            Jessica Rose
            Student
            Topic Author

Thank you so much Michelle! ? I’m definitely going to look into it. Mulberry trees are abundant in the area where I live, and mulberry fruit is becoming more popular now. I’ll definitely look into it. Sounds like a nice remedy. ?

Dr. Patrick Jones
            Homestead Instructor

There are lots of ways to help weight loss from a physiological standpoint…and lots of herbs that can help do it.

I’d have to type for an hour here to list them all and explain the hows and whys.

Rather than do that, how about if I just do a lesson on it? Then everybody can find it. :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Total of 34 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 10 listed.

I’m a new student here so maybe you’ve already got a lesson on this, but if not I sure would love one! I’ve been struggling for over a decade with weight. Doctors say everything looks good and there’s nothing more than exercise and good diet to fix it, but something just isn’t right. I had some “unknown” trauma that happened in my early twenties that come back to memory about 4 years ago and a 6 year eating disorder in the midst of it all. So I’m assuming that maybe I’ve just had my body under so much stress and it just doesn’t know how to maintain/lose weight?

Again, super new here, but if I run with my theory on it being stress induced then do you think an adaptogen herb mix would help? looking forward to learning with everyone!

3 users thanked author for this post.
                  Jessica Rose
                  Student
                  Topic Author

Stress does have a lot to do with weight gain. There’s a website called the Psychology of Eating, and they even have a blog post from 2006 that talks about stress and weight gain. They give examples about people going on vacation. Normally, people eat more calories when going on vacation, but a lot of people lose weight because of the lack of stress. So, there is that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Jessica Rose
                  Student
                  Topic Author

Not to bug you, but…how is the weight loss class coming along? 🙂

Heather Clark
                    Student

I would also love a class.

Sandy Dittmer
                      Student

Would love to see this lesson if I somehow missed it. I’m BRAND NEW, so there’s that. 😉

Jen
                        Student

There are lots of ways to help weight loss from a physiological standpoint…and lots of herbs that can help do it.

I’d have to type for an hour here to list them all and explain the hows and whys.

Rather than do that, how about if I just do a lesson on it? Then everybody can find it. :0)

Would love to see this course! It has been a 1.5 years since this post. Any updates?

Shannon Mertz
                          Student

wooohooooo ! You are the absolute best Doc.  I freakin love this  school!

This chubby gal is super excited!!!!!

Dianne Austin
                            Student

I’m a new student and excited to learn more regarding herbs and weight loss.

Jodie Hummel
                            Student

And just when ya get it figured out…menopause.  lol

6 users thanked author for this post.
                          Viewing 3 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Scroll to Top