Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs How Do Histamine Herbs Work?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle Koch
      Student

This question has been bugging me for several years.  The chemical produced by herbs touted for allergies/histamine response is… Histamine.  And yet, when we are suffering from allergies, it is our production of histamines that make us so miserable – so we take ANTI- histamines to suppress that misery.  Therefore, doesn’t it seem rather counterintuitive to consume plants that are a source of histamine?  How does that work?

Michelle Koch
        Student
        Topic Author

Okay!  I just found the section about the formulas, and the rationale behind their use- effectively, I found the answer to my own question!  So please disregard, maybe even delete my post, if possible.  (I don’t see how to do that myself, or I would).  Thank you.  🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

There are lots of herbs that have direct anti-histamine or indirect actions. Have a look at the Immune system module and the Allergies, autoimmune disease and Leaky gut module. :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top