Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Important Herbal Cleanse diet questions…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon
      Student

Hi all.  Before hubby and I start the cleanse on 2-1-24, I have a few questions that I hope you guys know the answer to since Doc is out for a bit.

1. Is this smoothie OK?  I make it with homemade coconut yogurt, almond milk, various herbal powders, broccoli, mixed greens, strawberry, blueberry, tart cherry juice (for gout), and a little almond butter.

2.  What about home/stove top popped popcorn (it’s non GMO) with ghee on it?

3.  Any other fruit ok?

4.  Are monkfruit and stevia the only allowed sweeteners – for the whole cleanse, or just part of it (ie: first and last week/candida weeks)?

5.  I’m guessing that putting the powders in fruit juice is a no-no?  I thought I remembered Doc saying something about mixing with juice, but honestly cannot remember the context…

6.  I have some tinctures (actually an oxymel) that has honey and ACV in them.  Do I have to stop using those for the duration of the cleanse?

7.  What about whole grains and legumes such as quinoa, brown rice, pinto beans or lentils?

I think that’s all my questions prior to starting in 2 days.  I just don’t want to do things that will devalue the effectiveness of the cleanse, but also still be able to enjoy eating!  Neither hubby nor I are much for salads, so that one is kind of out.  I appreciate any input from you seasoned students in Doc’s absence for the time being.  Thanks!

Sharon
        Student
        Topic Author

No one has any suggestions or advice?  Doc, if you are available, could you weigh in.  The instructions that come with the kit don’t really mention these things (at least the majority of them).  Your help is always appreciated!

Sharon
          Student
          Topic Author

Lots of questions for this diet that the instructions don’t really address.  Is homemade yogurt ok at any point in time?  My yogurt is in the fridge singing the siren song “come to me”!  Nothing in the instructions say not to eat beans, so we shall.  And in lieu of real butter, we’re doing ghee instead – the lactose has been removed.  Still really want to get more answers…

Greg Boggs
            Student

Sorry you haven’t gotten any replies on this yet Sharon. I ‘ve never tried the cleanse so I’m not sure what I could add to this. I would just check the different Cleanse videos in the school

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Sharon
              Student
              Topic Author

Yep, I was really hoping (and still am) for some clarification from Doc on this since the instructions that come with the cleanse leave room for questions.  Hopefully he will weigh in on it soon.  Thanks for trying though Greg – I’ve watched the cleanse videos!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top