Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      SUZANNE
      Student

Hello everyone! I am a new student and am looking forward to learning all I can at HGH. I am 60+ years old and was not raised on computers. All of this is so new to me…it’s scary! I have never posted anything on a forum, (so here it goes) but I am stepping out of my comfort zone to learn. Thank you to HGH for starting off with basic instructions on how to accomplish things on the computer. I am excited about this new knowledge and becoming an old hat at it! LOl!

So, the saying is true…”You can teach an old dog new tricks.” Let’s all learn together….

HomeGrown Forum Robot :)

Welcome, nature advocate! Let’s explore the magic of herbalism together. Beep boop.

~Empowering herbal enthusiasts, one forum thread at a time!

Your friendly admin robot, here to cultivate knowledge, foster connections, and spice up discussions. Let's navigate the herb-infused world together.

Cheers, the HGH Student-Forum's diligent guardian.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Greg Boggs
          Student

Welcome Suzanne! Don’t worry, as you keep using things on the school (such as the forum) you’ll be surprised at how fast you pick it all up!

Misty
            Student

Same!  I bet we can figure it out.

misty

Jamie
              Student

Hello Suzanne! I’m new here also and even though I have computer experience, I already had to go back and watch the video again on how to post, LOL! It takes a minute to get used to navigating the computer, but once you get it it becomes easier. Goodluck to you! 🙂

Debbie French
                Student

Hi Suzanne,

I will be 62 in March . LOL  I believe as long as their us a desire to learn you can. I am a newbie as well.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                  Homestead Instructor

Welcome Suzanne. Your first post was great. The penmanship was particularly nice. I think you’re going to be just fine. :0)

If you ever have any questions at all, just holler. We’re happy to help.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Debbie
                    Student

Hello, Suzanne. I totally understand the scary part! I too am in my 60s and venturing out into learning in the unfamiliar computer age. It took me a quite awhile to get over my anxiety to make my first reply post. My desire to learn more about herbs in order to improve my health and that of my family’s made me take the plunge. Best of luck to you.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        Rebecca Livermore
                        Student

I think there may be quite a few of us in the 60+ club. Something about getting old is very motivating when it comes to improving health, lol.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                            Debbie French
                            Student

We are not getting old, just getting wiser. Lol It does seem like a lot to take in thank God I have a Holistic and medical background.

Dalia Smith
                          Student

It feels like a lot to take in…thank goodness it’s a lifetime membership. I have time for it all to sink in ;p

Linda Krienen
                            Student

Greetings, Suzanne! I’ve recently started the school, also. I’ll be 70 this year & kept delaying due to fear of not being able to complete the course. I have some memory issues. Thanks to the course structure & presentation, Doc Jones and staff cover the topics so well they aren’t quite as overwhelming as I imagined. I am enjoying the lessons, blog and forum. (Hopefully, I can improve my memory!)

I wish you all the best in this exciting new learning adventure!

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                SUZANNE
                                Student
                                Topic Author

Welcome , Linda! Thank you for your post. I have been a student for about 1 month and I am already feeling right at home here! It won’t be long before you and I are “old hats” at this herbal stuff! LOL! Hopefully we both can improve our memories…maybe we should look into the “memory and alertness” powder on the homegrownherbalist website. LOL! Blessings to you!

Jean Estes
                                  Student

I think there may be quite a few of us in the 60+ club. Something about getting old is very motivating when it comes to improving health, lol.

Victoria de Charmoy
                                  Student

Hi Susanne. You will be a pro at this in no time!

Elizabeth J Reigel
                                    Student

Hi Suzanne, I just turned 60 today and I am starting on the same journey as you. I think we will both find that this is a welcoming place for “old dogs” lol.

SUZANNE
                                        Student
                                        Topic Author

Hi Elizabeth,

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful present for you to begin learning all about what our Heavenly Father always had available for us to utilize.
                                          Yep, this “old dog” had found a forever home on this platform. I am sure we can “run in the pack” together as we learn all about these natural blessings! BTY:  This date is a special date in my heart. ( It was my dad’s birthday too, although he is not here anymore.) You probably never thought you would be back in school at our age. LOL! Have a wonderful day, Elizabeth and welcome!

Lisa Derksen
                                          Student

Happy Birthday Wishes Elizabeth

Elizabeth Prackert
                                          Student

Hi Suzanne,

I am in the 60+ crew as well..its when we finally have time to do something that we want to do..We will all be absolutely OK and we will all be very good herbalists.

SUZANNE
                                              Student
                                              Topic Author

Hi Elizabeth,

I agree with you  that we now have time to learn about something that we are interested in.   Yes, we will be compassionate and caring herbalists! I love it!!

Leslie Northrup
                                              Student

Hello everyone! It looks like I am in great company. Not quite 60 yet, but it is on the horizon. I am taking this school with my daughter-in-law. She is here to catch what I miss. I can’t wait to learn from everyone’s experience and expertise. Thank You,

Leslie Northrup

SUZANNE
                                                  Student
                                                  Topic Author

Welcome, Leslie. That’s wonderful that you have your daughter-in-law to learn along side of you. Glad you are now in great company!

Stacey D Burnham
                                                  Student

Hi Suzanne, I am also in the 60+ group and I guess I am also a little scared. I actually signed up for this school more than a year and a half ago but have hesitated to start. Well, it is time to dive in! I look forward to joining you and everyone else here on this journey.

SUZANNE
                                                      Student
                                                      Topic Author

Hi Stacey,

Welcome, I am glad you are here and have decided that now is the time. You will look forward to spending the time on the website and learning about this wonderful world while getting healthy and being able to help others. too. The student forum is a great place to meet with others that have the same questions you do. Take your time going through the modules, no need to rush. You can always go back and peruse them again and again. Honestly, Stacey, I have been a student for about a month now, and the fear factor of getting on the student forum is all but gone. 😀 I do still hesitate when it comes to making tinctures, lotions and being able to get the information (regarding all the herbs and their actions,etc) to stay in my long term memory. LOL! I am getting there, slowly but surely. Like everything else in life, it’s all about practicing and experience. I know you will do great! I am thrilled that there are a lot of people, who are in our age bracket, going ” back to school”. We are on this journey together and it is wonderful to have you on board. Ask anything, anytime…we are here for you!  BTW: My daughter’s name is the same as yours…spelled the same also. Must be a sign…Have a great day! Looking forward to “talking” to you again, anytime!

Nancy Page
                                                      Student

Hello Stacey,
                                                        I’m also a newbie, and scared about using my computer. I believe in learning at any age, I will be 63 in March. We can do this and have fun at it!

Robert Peters
                                                        Student

Hi Suzanne

While I didn’t put my age down in my initial post, I can confirm that it is somewhere in the + sign you placed after the 60. lol. We can do it and I full faith in your capabilities. We are never to old to lean in and challenge ourselves.

All the best to you

Bob

SUZANNE
                                                            Student
                                                            Topic Author

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your post.  I love that you are somewhere in the + sign range. LOL! I got a big chuckle out of that… 😀  I am really enjoying learning the new information and making tinctures. You are correct-we are never to old to lean in and challenge ourselves.  All the best to you as well!

Samantha Whyte
                                                            Student

Hi! I’m a newbie too and there’s always that tense feeling starting up something, right?

SUZANNE
                                                                Student
                                                                Topic Author

Hi Samantha,

Welcome! Yes, there is always that tense feeling starting something new! I am now settled in and not tense anymore. You will get the hang of it real quick. It is a ton of information, but one of the things I really like is that I can take my time going through the modules. When I have questions I go to the student forum for answers if I can’t find them in the lessons or by using the search features.  Everyone is real friendly to help out. I know you will enjoy your new adventure. 😀

Jean
                                                                Student

Hi Suzanne,  I hear that there is a (hard-copy) book in the works.  Stay tuned!

SUZANNE
                                                                  Student
                                                                  Topic Author

Hi Jean,

I am not sure I understand that there is a (hard-copy) book in the works…in reference to what?? Thanks Jean for your response.

Jean
                                                                      Student

Hi Suzanne, In reference to a printed curriculum.  I do believe Doctor Jones is working on a printed curriculum.

Terri Theresa Romero
                                                                      Student

Me too Jean! Not so much scared as anxious. I’m a notorious procrastinator. Signed up a whole ago and just now starting the course. Hope I can stick with it and am able to absorb all the great info.

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    Scroll to Top