Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Herbal Medicine Making Onion for earache caused hearing loss?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Susan Bryg
      Student

I played Doc Jones’ 3 minute Lion King/earache video for a friend who has been suffering from ear pain, and she was ‘game on.’  I squeezed fresh onion for her.  She was complaining about severe upper respiratory congestion, sinus pain/infection and congestion in her ear canal.

She doesn’t like drugs, but had already sought help from an allopathic care physician who prescribed an antibiotic and the ‘z-pack.’  Neither have worked.  She was getting side effects from the antibiotic and discontinued before she had used it all.

Last night, she placed a few drops of freshly squeezed onion juice in her ear and allowed it to soak for about 30 minutes.  This is her report:

I laid on the couch and put the onion juice in my ear yesterday, l waited 30 minutes b4 getting up.

When I did, everything seemed a little muffled, but I thought that was normal because I just put liquid in my ear, however as the evening went on I became concerned because I still feel pain in that ear, but I can’t hear anything out of that ear. I thought possibly by the morning things would wear off but this morning when I woke up, I still don’t hear anything.

Doc Jones, please advise.  What are your thoughts?   I am very concerned.  I don’t want to do any harm. 

Can fresh onion juice really be the cause of hearing loss?  I am very concerned for her

Susan Bryg
        Student
        Topic Author

Needless to say, this is a very concerning situation for me.   Of course, I was very concerned with my friend who has experienced hearing loss and, for obvious reasons, the entire event raised cause for concern for risk of financial harm/litigation via my efforts in trying to help others.

I am not a medical professional and everyone that accepts my herbal guidance knows and understands that.  In all honesty, I don’t think that my friends would try to sue me for a particular unexpected/harmful result, but there is no way to know.  Even more, my belief has been confirmed that I have NO BUSINESS trying to convert my knowledge and sharing into a commercial business.

Does anyone have an insurance company that they recommend that could help to protect from a possible liability?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Susan Bryg.
          Susan Bryg
          Student
          Topic Author

As it turns out, the onion juice has had nothing to do with my friend’s hearing loss.  At the time that the onion juice had been dropped into her ear, it was already so full of fluid from congestion.  The liquid juice only compounded the congestion.

She scheduled another doctor visit which resulted in her being scheduled with an ENT for an outpatient procedure to drain the fluid out of her ears, evaluate the drug protocol and to make another attempt to achieve wellness.    Hopefully, she is on the correct course now and that her hearing and health will be restored soon.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Susan Bryg.
            1 user thanked author for this post.
        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top