Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Restoring Liver With Herbs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Annett
      Student

Doc,

When using herbs to help the liver restore itself, can you give me an idea as to how long it may take for the liver to restore?  And are there certain signs to watch for so a person can tell if the liver is restored to health?

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

If I wanted to do a liver re-hab, I’d do a cleanse and the continue Liver builder for a month or so. There are two ways to tell if your liver is happier. One is lab work, the other is that you feel lots better.

Herbal Cleanses

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Tanya LeClair
            Student

What if it was a situation like liver damage from Remicaid? Would it clean out the drug from the liver fast enough to prevent further damage? Just exploring possible options.

Beth Daniels
            Student

I am new to the school and I am doing an herbal cleanse kit right now because I have skin problems. So I’m on the second week, doing the large colon cleanse powder. Following the directions for two teaspoons three times a day. It’s my second day and I am constipated even though I’ve increased my water to half my body weight in ounces. And after I take the powder I have pain in my left side. Not sure if it would be a good idea to just continue to push through or if my body is telling me it’s too much.  If anyone has gone through the herbal cleanse and had similar things happen or has any ideas for me I would be very much appreciative. Thank you very much.

Beth

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top