Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Case Studies Sjogrens Disease

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sue S
      Student

I’m looking for something that may help with Sjogrens and “Burning Tongue”.  My friend has been diagnosed with Sjogrens which begins with the mouth.  It inhibits the production of saliva.  She’s had this for several years and it is progressing.  She is now experiencing the burning tongue as well.

I suspect that a nervine may help with the burning tongue.  But I’m hoping there may be something that could also help with the sjogrens (which is an autoimmune disease).  Some sialagogue would make sense, but I’m not sure what.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.  (Also hoping Doc will weigh in.)

“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.”
        ― Albert Einstein

Sue S
        Student
        Topic Author

Any thoughts on best sialagogue?

“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.”
          ― Albert Einstein

KATHRYN DELONG
          Student

Has she tried the Ayurvedic herb called Shatavari, which is in the asparagus family? It is very hydrating. As for a nervine for the burning pain, so many of them are bitter and drying, which would be very counter productive. Maybe try milky oats or linden, both of which are moistening.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top