Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Everything Else Humor Forum A conversation about GRASS with GOD

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

This was quite timely as Renee and I had decided yesterday that we HATED mowing and were going to make our lawn areas au natural with flowers and herbs growing EVERYWHERE! 😮

>> Conversation between God and St.Francis. It is hilarious because it is so true.

>>

>> GOD: Frank, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is

>> going on down there on the planet? What happened to the dandelions, violets,

>> milkweeds and stuff I started eons ago? I had a perfect no-maintenance

>> garden plan. Those plants grow in any type of soil, withstand drought and

>> multiply with abandon. The nectar from the long-lasting blossoms attracts

>> butterflies, honey bees and flocks of songbirds. I expected to see a vast

>> garden of colours by now. But, all I see are these green rectangles.

>>

>> St.FRANCIS:It’s the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They

>> started calling your flowers ‘weeds’ and went to great lengths to kill them

>> and replace them with grass.

>>

>> GOD: Grass? But, it’s so boring. It’s not colorful. It doesn’t attract

>> butterflies, birds and bees; only grubs and sod worms. It’s sensitive to

>> temperatures. Do these Suburbanites really want all that grass growing

>> there?

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep

>> it green. They begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any

>> other plant that crops up in the lawn.

>>

>> GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast.

>> That must make the Suburbanites happy.

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut

>> it-sometimes twice a week.

>>

>> GOD: They cut it? Do they then bale it like hay?

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: Not exactly, Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.

>>

>> GOD: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: No, Sir, just the opposite. They pay to throw it away.

>>

>> GOD: Now, let me get this straight. They fertilize grass so it will grow.

>> And, when it does grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: Yes, Sir.

>>

>> GOD: These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on

>> the rain and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a

>> lot of work.

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: You aren’t going to believe this, Lord. When the grass stops

>> growing so fast, they drag out hoses and pay more money to water it, so they

>> can

>> continue to mow it and pay to get rid of it.

>>

>> GOD: What nonsense. At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer

>> stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring

>> to provide beauty and shade in the summer. In the autumn, they fall to the

>> ground and form a natural blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect

>> the trees and bushes. It’s a natural cycle of life.

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: You better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new

>> circle. As soon as the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay

>> to have them hauled away.

>>

>> GOD: No! What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter

>> and to keep the soil moist and loose?

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something

>> which they call mulch. They haul it home and spread it around in place of

>> the leaves.

>>

>> GOD: And where do they get this mulch?

>>

>> ST. FRANCIS: They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.

>>

>> GOD: Enough! I don’t want to think about this anymore. St. Catherine, you’re

>> in charge of the arts. What movie have you scheduled for us tonight?

>>

>> ST. CATHERINE: ‘Dumb and Dumber’, Lord. It’s a story about….

>>

>> GOD: Never mind, I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.

Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

That’s hysterical. 😆

Patrick

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • The forum ‘Humor Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    Scroll to Top