Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Steven Feil
      Student
        I worked as an assistant to Patrick for 5 years. We would do local and show events. Patrick would teach seminars and I would man the booth. We did frequent herb walks. Not only out in the wild but in town as well to show people just how close they were to medicinal plants. I was his scout. I would find plants and then we would teach about them.
        At one of our local herb walks I found this plant. We conferred and confirmed its identity. While he was talking about it I collected a few samples to take back to our home herb beds. We were very excited because in the 3-4 years of trekking this location we had not seen it before.
        We had a very late, very wet snow storm that Spring. 6 inches that melted in less than 48 hours. It caused lots of heavy runoff and flooding. We went back the that same spot that year. The spot was scoured clean… nothing but sand and gravel.
        The plants in that bed are the remainders of that collection.
        I am hoping to one day go back and reestablish Poleo mint in that part of the creek where it came out of.
        Mentha canadensis
        This is a very strong peppermint. It makes chocolate peppermint curl up in the corner and suck its thumb! Hoping to make some essential oil with it this year.
        • This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Steven Feil.
        2 users thanked author for this post.
        Greg Boggs
        Student

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top