Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Anaphylaxis-Herbal Options vs. EpiPen

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello!  I carry an EpiPen since 2011.  It was recommended to treat the next yellow jacket attack.   I’ve since learned of/purchased the venom/sting tincture, carry bentonite clay and water paste, and am also aware of plantain.  Thankfully I’ve been assulted by many a stinging thing and have only had localized reactions vs. hives and redness heading up my back to my throat.  I believe I have all the tools available to me.

I’m wanting to be helpful to others that have Anaphylaxis due to food allergies, eating something they may not be aware of and having an extreme reaction.  I would like to carry something to be helpful.  What is suggested?

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Chinyere
      Student

Hi Gretchen, my sister has a nut allergy so I am curious about this as well. Thanks for asking.

I would be interested in this as well. I have friends with severe nut and dairy allergies.

Lisa Bateman
        Student

I wonder if Mormon Tea might help, as it is antihistamine.

Lisa Bateman

Jodie Traxel
          Student

We just got EpiPens for my husband. We are bee keepers and he has an awful reaction when he gets stung. It seems to never fail that he gets stung and they ignore me.

Angie Mason
            Student

My oldest son (38) has nut allergies and I am very nervous about his lack of responsibility when it comes to outdated epi pens or simply not carrying one.  Following for herbal remedy!

Dawn
              Student

Hello Gretchen, I am following this as well; but, I thought I would note that there has been some terrific scientific studies showing Quercetin is very helpful in allergies to include food allergies where they have shown it to reduce the reaction thereby avoiding the anaphylactic event.  In this study with rats, they induced a peanut allergy and, after 4 weeks of pre-exposure use of the flavanoid “Quercetin” (a pigment found in skins of some veggies and fruits, i.e. onions, apples, etc) completely elliminated the threat. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20548131/   I’ve been using quercetin for years for seasonl allergies and now barely have any issues, even without using the supplement. It is an amazing improvement from my previous years. It is also a non-prescription alternative for hydroxychloriquin suggested by doctors’ protocols for the C-virus (prophylactic and acute treatment).  Now, they are studying it for its help with cancer as you can find on nih.gov website. When I worked for ACS, it was well known to eat onions, among other veggies, to help your body to stay strong against cancer development so I am not surprised by these findings. So happy to share with you so you can be intentional in your diet to include quercetin containing skins and peels, there by skipping the supplements altogether.  Some cultures save onion skins to make a strong onion tea which contains much of the quercetin in it. 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Viewing 5 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top