Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Essential Oils Calming essential oils

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dawn Gonzalez
      Student

I thought essential oils were very interesting and I just wanted to know if anybody had any input on what essential oils are best for relaxing the body and calming the mind.

Joelle
        Student

I’m knew to use essential oils much, but my understanding is that the plants in the mint family are generally relaxing and calming. These would include lavender, lemon balm, and of course peppermint plus many others.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Tonya
            Student

I keep lavender and cedarwood oils on my nightstand for when I have trouble sleeping.  I just put a couple of drops on my wrists or feet and usually drift off to sleep pretty quickly. 🙂

Diane Juranko
              Student

I reach for Lavender most of the time.

Essential oils are just a form of herbology. If a plant in herb form is calming the essential oil will be also. The brain really response to smells and we associate smells to memories. I love the smell of lemons and lemonade in the summer. It is relaxing to me, Lemon oil has always been associated with relaxation, but I wonder if it is the oil or the memories people have that relaxes them. Other good oils are Chamomile, citrus oils of any kind like orange, Bergamot, Lime, one of my favorite oils for this is frankincense.

2 users thanked author for this post.

I use a lavender and vanilla spray for calming and also at night to help sleep.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I also like lavender for sleep. I like the vanilla recommendation.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top