• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by .
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

To stave out Candida you do a diet of just meat and veggies correct ?
      no raw dairy or dairy products( butter/cheese etc), no sugar (but stevia could be used as a sweetener) , no carbs, avoid fermented products and do this for about 10 days ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

Yup. And no cotton candy or white potatoes or white flour because you’re body thinks they’re all the same thing.  :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

emrene12@gmail.com
          Student
          Topic Author

I going to order the nutrative powder and the candida powder or tincture. Do you recommend the powder or tincture form ?

Dr. Patrick Jones
              Homestead Instructor

Nutritive only comes as a powder. For candida, either is fine.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Sharon
            Student

If we are doing the whole enchilada “herbal cleanse”, do we still have to do the “deprive yourself of everything good” diet?  LOL!

Dr. Patrick Jones
                Homestead Instructor

That’s pretty tough at Christmas. LOL

Sharon
                    Student

Ain’t that the truth!?  But after Christmas – no goodies, no breads, no potatoes, etc when on the Herbal Cleanse?

Dr. Patrick Jones
                        Homestead Instructor

The cleanse will still cleanse you if you eat a baked potato. But if you have a serious Candida issue and are trying to clear it up, decreasing simple carbs is a good idea.

Also, it there’s about anything else in the world wrong with you, decreasing simple carbs is a good idea. :0)

KHolder
                    Student

To stave out Candida you do a diet of just meat and veggies correct ?
                      no raw dairy or dairy products( butter/cheese etc), no sugar (but stevia could be used as a sweetener) , no carbs, avoid fermented products and do this for about 10 days ?

When talking about the candida diet it was mentioned to avoid fermented foods, does that include lacto-fermented foods? From what I understand their purpose is essentially to protect the gut lining from toxins from getting through and feed good bacteria to your gut flora which would result in a better immune system right? Would lacto-fermented foods help aid in the healing of a candida imbalance? Please correct me if I am missing something! Thank you! 🙂

Dr. Patrick Jones
                        Homestead Instructor

Probiotics and fermented foods are a great idea and very beneficial. Probiotics themselves would be great during a Candida cleanse to try to reestablish and out compete the Candida. Your logic there is completely correct.

The only reason I recommend abstaining from fermented foods specifically is that some folks are using things that may also have Candida and other yeasts in them so a brief break from those while we try to beef up the bacteria is a good idea. Also, yogurt though it contains good bugs, also contains milk and sugars which are Candidas favorite foods so abstaining from that helps to starve the rascals.

Katie Hughes
                        Student

So I was looking over what the “Candida cleanse diet” consisted of because I would also like to do Doc’s Herbal Cleanse Kit. It seems to be very similar to the Autoimmune Protocol diet, to me. Can anyone tell me more about what we should and shouldn’t be consuming during this cleanse? I’m already getting plenty of ideas just reading everyone’s comments.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                            Homestead Instructor

Slide #72

Herbal Cleanses

Viewing 4 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Scroll to Top