Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Herbs in Midwifery Can’t find this topic in the course.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

From course description:

“Herbs in midwifery and female reproductive cases”

Is this a module or within another module?

Could someone please point me to where in the course this topic is discussed. Thanks!

Harmony
      Student

Check out the module on Female Reproductive system, under “Body Systems”

Hope this helps!

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

Yup. The Female reproductive system lesson is a good place to start. I also just added a list of herbs that are safe or not safe to take during pregnancy to the Individual Herbs section.

My wife Lori is a naturopath and midwife. She did most of the pregnancy herb safety project above after it languished on my to do list for the longest time. She just retired from her midwifery practice and is doing a lot more with the school these days. :0)

Right now we’re putting together a section on pregnancy remedies that are safe. Like, what can you do for a pregnant lady with high blood pressure or a sore back or a stomachache etc… that will be safe to the bun in the oven.

You can certainly ask questions here as well. Lori and I have done a lot of midwifery herbalism. I was her favorite herbalist and she was my favorite midwife.  :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Alissa Krajewski
            Student
            Topic Author

Thank you! I am so grateful and excited about the upcoming midwifery info and about the spreadsheets you already posted. I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for almost 19 years!!! I never know what to do so I have just done nearly nothing herbally. My midwives did put me on dandelion root and milk thistle though (for ICP). But they never told me how to dose it so was ineffective! I’m excited about everything I’m learning in this course.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                Rae Cousineau
                Student

I feel ya! I’ve been pregnant or nursing for most of 16 years. *typing that makes me feel a little old… lol. Even though I’m really not! :)*

I am so excited for this part of your course!  I am an inexperienced midwife, still in training, and love the prospect of having a course dedicated to the herbs for a midwife’s toolbox.  Grateful to you both, Lori and Dr. Jones.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Don Meighan
                  Student

What an amazing opportunity. Learn Herbs and computer skills. Who would have thought!

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top