Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Nutrition and Exercise Carpel tunnel syndrome

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tammy Bolieau
      Student

<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Hi!!   My computer zonked and I’m trying phone and can’t find how to start a topic… but.  Any recommendations for carpel tunnel syndrome.  A friend  was told to have surgery   But surely there’s a better way… thanks in advance!!
        tammy</p>

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

It depends how advanced it is.

The herbal options are anti-inflammatories (See the Joint Support Formula for ideas) and nervines like hops, teasel, etc…for the pain. Have a look at the pain management lessons.

There are also other things that can be done like splinting or decreasing aggravating activities.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Paula Payne
            Student

Your post was a year ago and not sure if your friend has had surgery, but I have had success with taking Vitamin B-1.

Also, ask your friend to investigate vitamin B1 deficiency before surgery. Supposedly a deficiency in B1 can mimic nerve problems like carpel tunnel and sciatica.

Greg Boggs
            Student

My wife has been experiencing some carpal tunnel with her pregnancy, I think this is because of the increase in blood volume and relaxin. She occasionally gets this when she has to grip things like scissors and the like. Is there any tinctures or something like that that would be worth trying out for this?

Dr. Patrick Jones
                Homestead Instructor

Nettles is a good choice as an internal anti-inflammatory for pregnant ladies.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

I experienced carpel tunnel, (i think). The throbbing pain would wake me at nights.   I started doing exercises with my hands (flower petal-claw), take a tsp of molasses (tea),  and watch what i eat.  I occasionally still get a ting like my hand like its  a sleep but the throb is gone.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top