Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Botanical Medicine Veterinary Herbology Corneal sequestra /feline herpes virus

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello

Any help or advice or product recommendations would be appreciated. I have a 1 year old feral cat. She has feline herpes, upper eyelid agenesis and gets corneal ulcers often. She currently has a corneal sequestra on one eye. Normally the vets treat with Idoxurdine and antibiotic eye drops, which never seem to work. She now has a brown scab on the eyeball. I’ve been treating it with a homeopathic remedy internally called euphrasia and Kali (something… Can’t read the homeopaths writing) and charged silver particles eye drops, she has developed red veins on the eye and it’s cloudy with the scab but seems to now be opening the bad eye more than her other eye. She normally squints as she’s always got hair in her eyes… I do pluck her eyelids weekly. I am desperate the treatments from the vet don’t work, there is no one I know in South Africa who can help me. I am so grateful to anyone who can help or advise me. Thank you.

Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

I have a couple of formulas that can sometimes be useful for Herpes cases but it may be difficult to get a cat to take either with any regularity. Cats can be pretty difficult to get herbs into.

These are the formulas.

INFXN-HRPEZE –

Immunity Support :

You can also give Lysine which really helps to inhibit the herpes virus. It’s just an amino acid and is perfectly safe. You can usually buy it where vitamins are sold.

Herb formula dosing can be found on any of the product pages “more Info” tab.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • The forum ‘Veterinary Herbology’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    Scroll to Top