Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Diastolic Blood Pressure

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Angie Mason
      Student

Can anyone suggest which herbs might lower a diastolic blood pressure?  I’m on 3 pills a day and my diastolic remains above 100.  Please help!

Herb Thyme
        Student

Hello, Doc has a newer slide show on heart herbs that may help.  But I will mention that garlic (needs to be raw, not cooked) helps.  I just made a powder combining hawthorn, rosemary, and dandelion.  Also currently taking a cayenne tincture and drinking motherwort tea.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

Systolic and diastolic are intimately connected. The systolic tends to lower a little easier than diastolic but both should go down some together.

High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Angie Mason
            Student
            Topic Author

Update...…  I did exactly what Doc says “don’t do”.  I added the Blood Sugar formula and the High blood pressure formula to my prescriptions.  However, I have had EXCELLENT results thus far!  My diastolic is around 60 (from 100+ on 3 pills a day) after 3 weeks of herbs and meds.  I’m going to start weening off my meds and see how it reacts!!  Also, my blood sugar levels are around 70 now, so I will slowly ween off those 3 pills as well.  I will keep you posted.  Hey, the doctors are “practicing” medicine and they aren’t ever sure their solution will work; now I’m practicing alternatives on myself.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top