Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

So I have just finished the Herbal cleanse module. My thought was no better person than myself to start on. So If I have this little pile of leaves and twigs, no no I mean herbs on the table in front of me how do I get them INTO me? What is the best way? Do I just EAT it? If I make a tea, which I’m hoping can be done and still be effective, can I use honey? Do I make a cup of tea and down it all at once or a pot and drink it all day long? None of this besides the chamomile sounds tasty. I’m kind of in a panic. Complete newbie here. HELP PLEASE. :confused: :blush:

Do you have our KLNZ kit or have you accumulated your own resources?

If they are your own please let me know what you have available.

Some herbs for the KLNZ can be tea but others need to be bulk to do their job.

Michelle Koch
      Student

I haven’t got to that module yet, but I’m eager to read it. Next year I will be due for my third colonoscopy — and I won’t even be 50 years old!– and I am keenly interested in finding a more palatable laxative than that horribly salty stuff the doctors prescribe. No sense taking it if I’m just going to vomit before I even get it down. :scared:

Our KLNZ is NOT a colonoscopy rated purge. It is a GENTLE KLNZ.

Michelle Koch
        Student

Good to know. I do want to find some herbs that are, if they exist.

Larger doses of cascara is the only one I know of.

I am getting the KLNZ Kit which I am sure has instructions. But, If I were to gather my own ingredients, how would I proceed? If I follow the recipe in the Module 2 parts bentonite clay 1 part Psyllium etc then “take 2 HEAPING tsp 2X daily how do I TAKE it? If I make a tea how much water to use for 2 heaping tsps?

For this: as much COOL water as it takes to keep it liquid and drinkable. As quickly as you can get it down. Then follow up with some more water. Stay very hydrated.

I’m on day three of the KLNZ and in reviewing the posts someone mentioned throwing up. I too have recently had a colonoscopy and understand fully to what you are referring. Hmmm. I am having a VERY difficult time ingesting this KLNZ. Which I was pretty sure would be a problem for me and I was trying to allude to that in my first post. This is bitter, BITTER!! :barf: So far I’ve used smoothies the last time with added honey which I don’t usually add since its all just fruit anyway. My son laughs at me as I struggle to drink it and I just think its so lovely I want to cry. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this more palatable?

Just so I can wrap my head around the situation are all the tinctures going to taste as lovely as the KLNZ powder? I’m afraid to try them beforehand don’t want to ruin the surprise!

I just looked at the dry KLNZ formula…… I don’t see anything remotely bitter in it, except maybe the yellow dock. Not sure about the cascara.

That is not a good thing to hear. It is VERY bitter to me. I am committed to this process though now quite reluctant. Could I be doing something wrong? Fruit smoothie plus two teaspoons KLNZ plus a huge tablespoon of raw honey. Honey makes everything better. 🙂

Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

Yes, honey can cure a world of ills. LOL

I haven’t found the KLNZ formula to be particularly bitter. But, bitter is actually quite good for your guts. 🙂

Doc

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

I will make a HUGE sacrifice and have my wife test it for bitterness next time we are in the HGH herb manufacturing building. 😛 She IS the one that made it, after all.

Well, if bitter is good then I’m great! Tell your wife thanks for the KLNZ. Being new to herbal anything besides eating maybe my palate is uneducated. REALLY hope these flavors improve. So a tincture you just squirt the drops under your tongue???? :crying: :crying: I can hardly wait

Look at your instructions that came with the kit. Does it not say you can put the drops into water or any other liquid?

yes it does and it also said to put the KLNZ in a smoothie…

I guess it does not say what particular taste you will get. I’ll work it out. But thanks for the directions.

Can I put the tinctures in s smoothie? Honey seems to be my key and I wasn’t such a big fan of it before. But if I’m supposed to let the flavor (s) work in my mouth then using honey kind of defeats the purpose. Hmmmm.

Yes, some of the tinctures rely on the TASTE to work, especially those for the upper digestive tract.

ok, thanks for the heads up. I’m putting on my game face. :scared:

I’m sure I’ll be back to ask more questions. Thanks for your help.

OK! I made the ULTIMATE sacrifice and tried our own formula. :scared:

I know. i am SURE you totally appreciate what I have done. :notworthy:

So what were the results of my test?

It was not 🙁

It was not :confused:

It was not :blink:

It was not :boggled:

It was not 😉

It was not :crazy:

It was not :barf:

Tasted OK actually. :poke:

Michelle Koch
            Student

:rofl:

My son knew when he was seven months old that tomatoes are :barf: He also feels that pickles are :blink:

A lot of people feel :crazy: about hops flowers, or an especially strong IPA (that’s a type of beer, for you tee totalers.

We’re all different. Some folks have more delicate palates. I’ll take bitter over salty any day.

My mouth feels like the Sahara Desert. Pretty sure this might not be quite right. I’m drinking 80 oz of water a day. I can say this because my water bottle is 20 oz and I drink it t least 4 times a day. one after each smoothie plus at least 2 more times during the day. I drink regular tea with a little sugar each day, could that be the cause? How can I fix this?

Would need lots more information. Has your diet changed? What about the humidity and temperature in your area? Extra added salt on purpose of being snuck in in foods? Probably lots more questions that should be asked.

The only thing that has changed is the addition of the KLNZ and two fruit smoothies. The 80oz of water is an increase from what I was drinking since the directions are to drink a large glass of water afterwards. I do consume other beverages some caffeinated some not but those amount haven’t changed. More water. I’ll try for more water. Almost done with the KLNZ step anyway so on to the next set of wonderments. Thanks

Dr. Patrick Jones
              Homestead Instructor

Andi2017 wrote: My mouth feels like the Sahara Desert. Pretty sure this might not be quite right. I’m drinking 80 oz of water a day. I can say this because my water bottle is 20 oz and I drink it t least 4 times a day. one after each smoothie plus at least 2 more times during the day. I drink regular tea with a little sugar each day, could that be the cause? How can I fix this?

Tea (and other caffeinated beverages) are diuretics. Most herbs are diuretics as well. If you’re going to do both together, it’ll take more water to keep up.

Doc

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Thanks. yep, no tea and even more water, my least favorite beverage in the world. I know it should be my favorite but it just is not. Trying hard to move it up in the ranks so I don’t feel so deprived.

I’m taking the Zymex II tablets between meals. Is there an amount of time AFTER a meal or before a meal? I’ve been taking it about an hour after breakfast and then lunch is this ok?

Dr. Patrick Jones
                Homestead Instructor

Yup. That’ll work. Take it with the meal or shortly after.

Mary DiTullio
                  Student

I am curious why you should avoid fermented foods during the cleanse as I thought they are beneficial for the colon. Also thoughts on sprouted grains and why they should be avoided would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Viewing 26 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Diet, Nutrition Exercise’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                Scroll to Top