Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Megan Bumps
      Student

My husband has tried herbs for various things (mainly chronic bloating no matter what he eats), but herbs seem to do almost nothing for him no matter what he is taking them for. Is it possible he just needs larger doses than other people? Would it be safe, generally speaking, to try larger doses to see if they have any effect?

Greg Boggs
        Student

It certainly could be that he needs a higher dose, but there are a few other things that should be considered as well:

How long has he been taking the herbs? Some herbs need to be taken for a period of time before they have noticeable effects (i.e. Hawthorn takes like, a month before you start noticing anything)

Are you using any catalyst herbs with it? Echinacea is pretty mild and benefits greatly by adding Cayenne to it. Also, Black Pepper increases the efficacy of Tumeric by like 2,000-6,000%

How is he taking the herbs? Tinctures get absorbed rapidly into the body’s system, while capsules can take longer and sometimes negate different benefits of an herb entirely.

For bloating, I would try doing Fennel and Peppermint together as they both have good actions as Carminatives.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top