Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Chinese Herbalism & Acupuncture Ear Piercing Treatment for Migraine Headache

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle Koch
      Student

Hi All,

My mother is a migraine sufferer, and her friends have been telling her about going to the ear piercing shop to get that ridge of cartilage in the middle of the pinna pierced (Hence a bunch of wild and hip septuagenarians, reliving their twenties, lol).  Apparently, her friends have had great relief from this.  Has anyone else done it?  Did it help?  Thanks.

I am an Naturopath and Acupuncturist and I have seen it work, but I do not believe it is the best way. There is a new course about ready to be put on line from Dr. Jones and myself. This course will cover working with Headaches including Migraine Headaches, and many other conditions. Lets teach you how to help your mother’s headaches

4 users thanked author for this post.
          Dan Skattum
          Student

Thanks, will this be a new Course or part of this course?

Dr. Patrick Jones
              Homestead Instructor

No. The Auricular therapy curse will be a separate school. But it will be hosted here on HomeSteadAcademy.com.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Laura Mason
            Student

Hello! I am a Nurse Practitioner and have had several patients get the Daith piercing and have reported moderate relief from headaches. However, several of them have said that it over time their pain seems to return.

2 users thanked author for this post.
              Dr. Patrick Jones
              Homestead Instructor

I’ve also heard that Daith piercing can sometimes be beneficial for headaches. But the entire point of it seems counter to principles of acupuncture.

Acupuncture, acupressure, auriculotherapy etc… all function on the principle of stimulating a specific point. It seems to me that a permanent piercing of that point with its subsequent healing and/or scarring would make future stimulation of the point less effective. I think that’s why those piercings often don’t continue to work long term.

Another useful tool for chronic headache resolution is vibration. The Rezzimax Tuner is often remarkably effective.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top