Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Essential Oils EO for oral hygiene

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, I have been looking for alternative oral care recipes and like the idea of using EO but have read from several dentists (even functional ones) that because EO’s have such good antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, they also kill all the good oral microbes along with the bad ones. I’ve searched everywhere to try to find out if these claims are valid. It makes sense, so I’m supposing they are, but it is disappointing. And if this is the case, they would do the same to the skin microbiome also, right? This causes me to wonder if I should be using them at all? Any ideas?

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Sharon
      Student

I know this is an old post, but I just recently watched a youtube video from a guy that healed his cavities (re-mineralized his teeth in essence – 5 or 6 cavities).  His video was very interesting, he found the bad bacterias that cause cavities (primarily strep mutans), and also tested all the different EO’s to see who killed that bacteria best, and which ones also took care of the bio film that the strep creates to protect itself.  The way he recommended using the EO’s was together with oil pulling using organic coconut oil.  No mention was made of it being a negative for good bacteria, but then, one video rarely ever covers everything, right!?

Sharon
        Student

Greg & Tasha – took me a while to find the link again, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrpNrJoH4wI

Again, I cannot verify his science, but it seems very well researched and thought out to me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top