Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Herbal Medicine Making Formula for bone/skin infection?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey Doc, and anyone else…. do you have a formula that would be good for someone who had an motorbike injury almost a year ago, and has had many surgeries with a lot of metalware, skin grafts, bone grafts etc. She keeps getting infections – collections that require washout, and bone infections…. How about an internal formula to help with that? I’m thinking along the lines of echinacea, plantain, calendula, chamomile…am I on the right track here? Appreciate any help and suggestions!

Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

I think you’re on a very good track. Those are certainly some of the first herbs I’d grab.

In cases like that I use these two:

INFXN – Bugbuster

Immunity Support

I use both of them internally and, in persistent skin infections, I’ve used the BugBuster topically too.

The formulas for both are in the Wound Formulas lesson in the Formulas & Formulations section.

Neither is safe internally during pregnancy or lactation.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Scroll to Top