Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs fungal infection in the lungs

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by .
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tina
      Student

My dad has farmers lung disease and is often battling fungal infections in his lungs. Is there something natural he could take that would rid of it? He’s being told he needs to go on pretnezone for 9 months,… again.. which is hard on the body.

Ellie
        Student

Hello Tina,

I would look at using thyme for fungus in the lungs.  You can dilute the essential oil thyme and rub it on the chest topically.  I recommend buying essential oils from Rocky Mountain Oils.  This company offers high quality oils that will work better than generic brands.  Also, drinking thyme and fenugreek tea works well for this condition of the lungs.  Whenever using herbs be sure that the person’s prescriptions or medications will not have adverse side-effects when used together.  Talking with his doctor would be a great way to determine what herbs will be safe to use alongside any medications/ prescriptions that he may be taking!

Hope this helps!  🙂   

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

Doing some Immunity support and Candida might help. Thyme (mentioned above is good too).

Both formulas are here:

Infectious Disease Formulas

Fungal lung infections can be really hard to clear up.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top