Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs gastroparesis and severe diabetes neuropathy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Carla Schmidt
      Student

would anyone know what might work on gastroparesis and severe diabetes neuropathy. this person is my grandson and has a long history of substance abuse and Diabetes Keto Acidosis and hospital stays. He has vomiting and diarrhea and has been in hospital and nearly died more times than I can count. He has neuropathy in his feet, and he says it feels like walking on glass. I am sure a cleanse would be good.
        He does not trust doctor and won’t do as prescribed. he is going to die if not helped and asked me to see if i could find some herbs to help. would antispasmodic work on gastroparesis? It seems counter intuitive.

I am new to this forum thing. i have been in the school about a year now. I joined precisely to help him and my family.

. I would be grateful for any help. This forum thing is very scary I am definitely challenged at any social media stuff.

Thanks,

Carla

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

Hi Carla,

I have a fairly strong loathing of social media. I get on Facebook every couple of years or so and always feel like it’s five minutes of my life I can never get back. LOL

I think you’ll have a very different experience here. :0)

What medications is he on?

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Carla Schmidt
            Student
            Topic Author

Thanks for responding Dr.  I guess grandson is staying where he is at.  I know he does CBD oil for leg/feet, but after 1 month (and still counting), he has not had any and they give him opiates.  he is still in hospital.  weighs 80#and is 24 years old.  I love this guy with all my heart, but he’s an idiot!  He would give anyone any help.  He once stole a pair of shoe for a homeless person.  good grief.  He said he is going to stay and get SSI and SSID and help for his gastroperisis.  I do hope he follows thru.  He doesn’t have a good track record for keeping that promise.  But he must be at least feeling better.  Praying he lives long enough to get better  again.  Last April his blood sugar was 2000 and he was in a comma for a week.  Well sorry for rambling here.  I was so hoping I could help him.  He was crying and did’t want to die alone.  Well, time will tell.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                Homestead Instructor

Some folks are able to try different approaches and some just aren’t. Sure sorry he’s not felling well.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top