Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Gardening Food Preservation Gardening Growing Cleavers in zone 4

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Annett
      Student

My cleavers is growing well and I understand it’s an annual. Is anyone else growing it in your garden? Can you give me some tips on self seeding or saving seeds? How do I know it’s as big as it’s going to get for the year? Are the flowers as good as the leaves? This is my first time growing it and first time ever seeing it. Thanks!

Reva
        Student

Thank you for posting this, Annett. I have not found any Cleavers growing in the wild in my area so I am looking at growing some next year. Our Zone is primarily 4. I will be interested in seeing what answers you get.

Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

when it starts to flower and seed it’s done growing.

I’ve never planted it on purpose. I just let it self seed.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Annett
            Student
            Topic Author

Reva, Cleavers grew well on the north side of my house in shade. It mostly stays damp there. I’m in zone 4 as well. I didn’t harvest this year as it is such a small batch of plants. I want it to self seed and proliferate. That’s all I’ve got for this year:)

Reva
              Student

Thank you everyone. This is all very helpful.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Gardening’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            Scroll to Top