• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by .
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’m a retired RN and a new enthusiast to herbal medicine.  I’m excited to learn more and get to the place where I can actually help people other than just tell them what’s wrong with them!  Also if there is anyone out there that has experience with either growing an herbal medicine garden or who is familiar with the medicinal plants that grow in the wild in southern Arizona it would be great to hear what you have to say.

Blessings!  Jennifer

HomeGrown Forum Robot :)
      Homestead Instructor

Hello and kindest regards my friend! Let’s unlock some herbal wisdom together. Beep boop.

~Empowering herbal enthusiasts, one forum thread at a time!

Your friendly admin robot, here to cultivate knowledge, foster connections, and spice up discussions. Let's navigate the herb-infused world together.

Cheers, the HGH Student-Forum's diligent guardian.

Greg Boggs
        Student

Welcome Jennifer! It really is so cool when you give some herbs to someone and they come back and tell you how well it worked for them. You’ll get there in no time!

Dan Flowers
          Student

Jennifer, buy the book Newcomb’s wildflower guide.  Been using it for decades because it’s so good and accurate and so easy to use.  You don’t even need to carry it with you….leave it at home.  You only need to ask yourself 5 questions to yourself about the plant to identify it.  When you get home you can then use the quidebook to identify that exact plant.  Most unknown reference book in the world but held in very high regard by experienced plant nuts and tree huggers.  Buy it you won’t regret it.  Another great book is Tom Elpels “Botany in a day”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Linda Wilford
            Student

Nice to see someone from Az. I think we may have some unique growing conditions here so it will be interesting to see what we can find to forage. I very recently started a medicinal garden and am anxiously anticipating what the low desert of Az. will produce. Good luck to you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top