Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Can I just say thank you to this fascinating herb that has helped my life so much!  I’ve used garlic for multiple virus’s, bacterial infections, pin worms, RSV in a newborn baby, fungus and it flavors most of my savory dishes!  It is one amazing little clove of goodness 🙂

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

Garlic really is astounding.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

I love garlic, however it upsets my stomach.  Is there a way to take it without irritating my bowels?

Joelle
            Student

I can relate a little. I usually do better if I always take it with a meal and don’t eat it in the evening. Somehow lying down makes it worse. Also, dried is easier than fresh. And if you grow your own, there are some varieties that are so much milder. Red German garlic to me is the most irritating. Elephant is quite mild. However, does mild mean also less medicinal?

Yes, we love growing garlic each year in our garden. The scapes are wonderful to use as well as the bulbs!

Thanks.  I hope garlic is equally effective in any variety.  However, it might be less.

Yes, I harvested garlic for the first time this year and love it. I planted even more this fall for harvest next year. First time trying the scapes as well and they were wonderful.

Immanuel
          Student

I have seen how cheep it is in the grocery stores near me, and tastes great in many a food recipe as well.

Jessica
            Student

How did you use garlic to help a new baby for RSV?

I’m new to the school, but have loved garlic forever. I look forward to learning more ways to use it. ☺

Lori Kelley
              Student

How would you use garlic on baby? My niece’s 5 month old was in the hospital with RSV last week. Thankfully he’s better, but would be good to know.

Jean
                Student

Rosemay Gladstar puts raw garlic in ACV fto cover for a number of weeks, then removes half of the ACV, takes the remaining ACV and mixes it with the same amount of honey and then put it back in the jar with the ACV soaked garlic.  Lets it set a few weeks and its ready.  The recipe is in her beginners book.  The garlic is a lot more mellow with a hint of honey.  Its much more tolerable and is still raw, so the medicinal qualities are still there. Very edible.

Another herbalist takes garlic, smashes it, put it in room temp. water, waits 5 minutes, strains it and takes it that way. (drinks the water part)

It would be nice to know how they incorporate garlic for RSV in a baby!

I have stopped vomiting by whizzing garlic in a blender with sterile water, then put into an new but EMPTY fleet enema bottle and use it as you would a reg. enema. Done twice 30 minutes apart.  The sooner the better. Stops vomiting.  A gal named Shoshanna had a video on it years ago.  I cant remember if she added salt or not.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Jean.
                    Jean
                    Student

Rosemay Gladstar puts raw garlic in ACV fto cover for a number of weeks, then removes half of the ACV, takes the remaining ACV and mixes it with the same amount of honey Edited to add: (warms it on the stove on very low till mixed well) and then put it back in the jar with the ACV soaked garlic.  Lets it set a few weeks and its ready.  The recipe is in her beginners book.  The garlic is a lot more mellow with a hint of honey.  Its much more tolerable and is still raw, so the medicinal qualities are still there. Very edible.  Check out the book’s recipe for any clarification.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Jean.
                    Jean
                    Student

We take fresh garlic and put it through a meat grinder, then dry on parchment paper in a dehydrator.

2 users thanked author for this post.

I’ve planted a lot of garlic this past Fall and can’t wait until the Summer to harvest it and be able to store it for long periods.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Scroll to Top