Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Introducing Chaste Tree while on Cabergoline

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Robert Peters
      Student

With no assistance from the medical doctor when asked if this person could add Chaste Tree to her regimen (already on Cabergoline) I was hoping someone here might add some insights. Not pregnant nor lactating. Would this be something safe to encourage a reduction of prolactin level and  are there any known contraindications with Cabergoline? Much appreciate any assistance with this.

Paige
        Student

I was on Cabergoline for years to treat a Pituitary Adenoma.  Is that why she is on Cabergoline?  Many people develop Pituitary Adenomas while taking mental health meds.  Without knowing the reason, I would not suggest any herbs.  I have come to  understand that in my case the Pituitary Adenoma may very likely have been caused by Estrogen Dominance.  I would encourage that this person get a saliva or urine hormone test.  I would also get a full work-up of her thyroid, not necessarily by an allopathic doctor.  The Lee Clinic in Va does the tests and phone consultations, but I am sure there are many other DOs and Naturopathic MD’s that can do them as well.  She is going to need to do some digging to find literature on the subject, but may I suggest there is support for supplements improve the thyroid function to balance hormones which MAYBE the cause of why she is requiring Cabergoline.  Hence,  I believe the answer is yes, but I would not mix anything with Cabergoline.

PMR

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Robert Peters
            Student
            Topic Author

So much appreciate your instructive reply. Will explore your recommendations a bit more and consider some options going forward. Very helpful, thanks a ton.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top