Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Paige
      Student

Don’t you know-just signed up for the school, when 1 of my recued dogs started to present with IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease).  I have cared for some post-surgery and post paralysis, but none with an acute episode.  Looking to start a discussion on what herbs might be used immediately and long-term assuming the flare subsides.  Thank you.

PMR

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

I treat those kids with IV meds for the acute phase. I can usually turn a paralyzed dog into a normal dog if I get it soon enough.

If it were the apocalypse I’d use anti-inflammatory herbs like yucca and turmeric and the others that are in the Joint Support formula. You could certainly use yucca for post acute care. It’s very similar to prednisone without the side effects.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Paige
            Student
            Topic Author

I never asked what IV meds you used.  I have a foster dog that has a high potential for IVDD paralysis.  The rescue probably won’t pay for surgery, but maybe I could keep it on file at the vet’s office as an alternative.  I have been using your joint formula routinely.  TIA.

PMR

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top