Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Introductions, Greetings & Chit Chat Just starting the school and figuring out how to post.

Tagged: 

• This topic has 34 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by .
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

It’s different using the phone as apposed to using the computer. So I’m trying to figure this out on my phone because I’m not at home. I’m super excited to learn everything I can about medical plants to be able to help family and friends.

Thank you so much for doing this for us Dr. Jones

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Jayne Lemoine
      Student

I am new and trying to learn how to post also. I love learning so this is a good challenge for me.

Brenda Harris
          Student

I am having trouble too.  I guess when we crack the code it will seem simple.

Shannon Nevil
          Student

Hi Jayne,

I am a new student too. Let the journey begin.

Jennifer
              Student

How did you get a picture on your profile? I can’t figure it out! -Jenny

Dr. Patrick Jones
                  Homestead Instructor

Jenny, click up in the upper right corner of the screen where it says “Howdy Jenny”. There is a drop down menu which has “Edit Profile” as one of the options. That’s where you do the picture. :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

mariasemail7
                Student

Hey everyone! Another newbee, here! 😀 Also super excited to be taking this class!

MariaS

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  mariasemail7
                  Student

Hi Dr. Jones! I was only introduced to you a few weeks ago by Homesteadingfamily’s videos, but the way you manage to make learning so entertaining I just had to take your class. 🙂 Looking forward to it!

MariaS

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Gwen Wilson
                    Student

I am a new student and do not understand how to post on the student forum.  Can someone help?

Vickie Haag
                        Student

I am a new student too.  Everything is very new and takes time to adjust to this way of learning.

Gwen Wilson
                        Student

I am a new student and do not understand how to post on the student forum.  Can someone help? What are BBCodes?  What is the answer to my questions?

Glenda
                            Student

Hi Gwen, I wouldn’t worry about the BBCodes because they’re for computer users with much more tech experience than we’ve got.? If you hover over the buttons above, they should tell you what they’re for. Underline, bold, italics, bulleted list, etc. For a simple reply, that’s more than you’ll ever use.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                              Homestead Instructor

You seem to be posting well. Gwen. :0)

I’ve been posting for years and have no idea what a bbcode is. So, you’re in good company.

If you’re having specific trouble or questions, let me know and I can rope Evan our IT guy into the conversation. He’ll know what a bbcode is.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Rebecca V.
                              Student

This is the best course ever – love learning about the amazing power of plants from someone who has so much knowledge and experience. Thank you Doc!

Rebecca V.
                                Student

I can’t figure out how to start a new post! There is no prompt to start one. Help anyone?

Glenda
                                    Student

If you click on the subject you’d like to start a new chat, then scroll all the way to the bottom, you should see a box where you can start a new topic. Fill in the title, add your comment, then click submit. Hope that helps:)

4 users thanked author for this post.

So, can we use this topic as the post for figuring out how to post?  Joking, I haven’t gotten very far but am loving everything about the school and learning about herbs.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                                      Homestead Instructor

Yup. You can. LOL

I can’t seem to find a way to start a new post either.

I’m excited to learn about medicinal plants.

Also wondering why all my lavender plants died after growing so well last year.  This summer would have been their 3rd year after planting.   This is probably not the correct place on the forum to post this, but like I said…I can’t figure out how to start a new post…..:(

Dr. Patrick Jones
                                        Homestead Instructor

To start a new thread go the the forum section you want to post in (Medicinal Plants, Medicine Making, Plant Identification, Chinese Herbalism & Acupuncture, etc…).

Once you’re in that section, scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll see Create New Topic in “Chinese Herbalism & Acupuncture”  (or whatever section you’re in). Use that box to start your new thread and it will show up in that section and folks will start

Have fun! If you have any other questions holler. :0)

Well here’s another newbie trying to post. I thought I had followed the above directions but my profile still shows 0.  Challenges in start up.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                                          Homestead Instructor

I’m seeing your posts Charrin. :0)

The Zero on your profile means you haven’t started any new topics yet. You’ve only replied to existing topics. A couple of posts up on this thread I put how to start a new thread/topic. Try that and let us know if you have any trouble. :0)

Yes, I am Brand New as of today!  I am Very Excited about this unique Journey! I am Very Interested in so many areas of herbal medicine! Up until now, I have been doing a lot of reading and learning on my own. Just recently, I discussed with one of my sons the benefits and uses of Slippery Elm. This is one of MANY Medicinal HERBS I look forward to learning more about!

Mary J Oliver
                                          Student

I am new to this whole journey of my life.  I know it will take time to learn enough to feel comfortable, I just hope others are patient with me.

Bonnie Boyer
                                              Student

Me too.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                                                Homestead Instructor

We’re all learning Mary. I’m as happy and anxious to learn things from you and my other students as to have you learn from me. :0)

Don’t hesitate to ask questions any time you need help.

Cathy Kaech
                                                Student

I am new here also.  Learning to navigate the forum.  Looks like there are alot of new people.  That’s great.  I live in Idaho and am excited to get going.

Jennifer
                                                  Student

I am new here and so excited to learn about using herbs for our medicine! God Bless! Jenny

I am ready for a deep dive into God’s amazing pharmacy.

Newbie here too, first time using forums for me.  Lot of time reading and watching the video on how to navigate to forget and have to watch again. 🙂   Decided to take notes and keep those handy until I have this figured out.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                                                      Homestead Instructor

Rebecca, If you ever have questions, let us know. :0)

Rosa Couture
                                                      Student

Hello Dr. Jones!!!!  I’m so thankful to have found out about you.  I was watching Homesteading Family’s Pantry Chat and Carolyn was chatting with you.  That was 3 months ago and today, I’m a student!!! Grateful to be here and looking forward to learning.  Thank you for a wonderful opportunity and for all you do.

Dr. Patrick Jones
                                                        Homestead Instructor

We’re glad you’re all here. Thanks for joining our family full of herb nuts. :0)

Jo Katsarelis
                                                          Student

Hi from a newbie here in Northern Virginia!  This is sooo exciting learning new things and seeing all the many post from everyone.  Herbs have been a passion for some time but now it’s time to learn from a reliable, knowledgeable source and one that is full of laughter!  Thank you Dr Jones for your information on yarrow for bleeding and many other uses.  Suppose I should post this and get back to completing this lesson.

Ann Scheible
                                                            Student

<span style=”font-family: georgia, palatino, serif;”>I’m new here to and I don’t think I made a post I think I just responded to a current post on the nerve pain post. </span>

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          Scroll to Top