Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Michelle Koch
      Student

I’ve never thought to add this tasty little idea. Lemon Pesto chicken is pretty yummy. Run lemon balm and a splash of olive oil through the food processor, the same as you do making traditional basil pesto. Just substitute lemon balm for the b asil (on second thought, basil and lemon balm might be tasty together). For a bit of citrusy sweetness add a shot of either tequila or my favorite, Yukon Jack, and a bit of lime juice. (Yukon Jack and lime juice mixed together is called a “snakebite”) . I like to spread my “pesto” on raw chicken and bake it. :flapper:

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

Lemon balm and Basil are in the same family. In fact, most culinary spices are in the mint family and they are all medicinal in their own right.

I recently made up a candida lotion for a lady and she said it smelled so good she wanted to eat it with a spoon. She said it smelled like a gourmet Italian restaurant. :LOL:

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Edible Plants’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      Scroll to Top