Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Botanical Medicine Case Studies Lichen Planus

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

It appears that I have a case of lichen planus. I understand that there is no cure, and they are not even sure of a cause or if it is considered an autoimmune disease, and it may come and go. Any recommendations for treatment?

Also, can I have caused it myself by the supplements that I take? Are there certain herbs/supplements that SHOULD NOT be taken together?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Michelle Koch
      Student

Lichens Planus is an autoimmune disorder. There is nothing you did to cause it. Artemisia Ludoviciana is good for mitigating autoimmune flare ups. Maybe give it a try. If you drink it as a tea, use copious quantities of honey, since it is very bitter.

Thank you. I have been able to find seeds and plants but not pre-made teas…do you know of any?

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

I’ve never read anything on Artemisia ludoviciana for it.

There is some good research that turmeric can be helpful. For the oral version, purslane (Portulaca oleracea) helps too.

I’d have a look at this article for addressing autoimmune disease.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Autoimmune disease is always associated with leaky gut and won’t improve unless the gut is healed first. I have personally found the diet and protocol recommended by Joyce Choe and Mercy Ballard in their book “Autoimmune Recovery Cookbook” to be restorative. . Blessings!

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • The forum ‘Case Studies’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      Scroll to Top