Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Herbal Medicine Making Making formulas with powders AND tinctures

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon
      Student

So for some of the formulas that I need to make, I have some of the ingredients as powders AND some as pre-made tinctures (mostly because Doc doesn’t sell some of them as powders).  How the heck do I make that formula work when all but one or two ingredients I have on hand are as the formula requires with powder (or maybe C&S) – but the others as ready made tinctures throw my recipe reading skills in the trash!

Sharon
        Student
        Topic Author

Lost the rest of the post somehow.  Anyway, suggestions for the Herb Shop:

1) Smaller volume of the single herbs (6 oz would be fine) – 1 lb is just REALLY hard to use up for most of the herbs.

2) Selling powders of everything you have as tinctures (small size would be fine) – some of us just really enjoy making our own tinctures, it’s fun!

Thanks for all you guys do to help the rest of us to get/stay healthy!  We all love you guys!

SUZANNE
          Student

Sharon,

That’s a good question! I don’t know why you have not gotten any response to this post! I too am wanting to know the answer. It does seem like other people are having an easier time figuring these things out than I am. Very frustrating for me…I have so many questions!! Hopefully someone will be able to answer this for us Sharon.

Jen
            Student

Good question. Wish there were more questions getting answered at this school.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top