Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Midwifery General Midwifery Discussion Male's in the biz

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Is a male a midwife or a midman?

Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

The term midwife comes from the Old English Mid+wif which means with the woman. So whoever is with the woman is a midwife regardless of gender.

LoriAnn attended a midwifery conference not long ago and asked about male midwives. Everybody there knew one or two and thought they were great. Lori thinks I should complete the training an become her partner someday…not sure when or how I could fit that in but we still talk about it.

Patrick

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

I used to hang around an Amish midwife, and that is a very busy profession…..especially for the Amish.lol My hat is off to anyone who can handle that kind of a load and the responsibility that comes with it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

Yes it is.

I used to do a lot of vet work for the Amish back in Minnesota. Great folks.

Patrick

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Nice post !

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • The forum ‘General Midwifery Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      Scroll to Top