Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Herbs in Midwifery Mastitis Cured With Herbs

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by .
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, I’m new to class and this is my first post. I recently went through a bought of mastitis while breastfeeding my 3rd child. I used a combination of herbs to drain my lymph system and boost my immunity via tea. My intuition led me to primarily use Echinacea, Calendula and Chamomile in my tea blend ( about 1 qt per day) . At the same time I got really aquatinted with poke root and used a poke root salve in between feedings. I massaged it into my breasts on the inflamed red spots associated with mastitis, being extremely careful not to get the poke root on my nipple or Areola as to make sure I was not transferring any to the baby during feeds. I also cleaned my breasts prior to each feeding as a precaution. Upon applying my first dose of poke root , the red spots cleared within a matter of hours! On the 4th day after my symptoms had first stared , the mastitis was totally cleared and I no longer felt run down/sickly. I was so close to going in to see an allopathic doctor but I held on to my faith in plant medicine and learned the incredible healing power of poke root in doing so. Has anyone else healed mastitis with plants? If so, which did you use?

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Rose Pistilli
      Student

Oh yeah! I have five kids and I’m a hearty producer so I am very prone to mastitis and I’ve had it at least half a dozen times. My protocol is this- as soon as I feel pain it’s ice (not heat!!) to take down swelling, pumping (so important!!!!), and a dose of sunflower lecithin (keeps the fat in the milk emulsified). If I start to feel fluish then I know it’s time for garlic. One fresh clove, three times a day. I actually usually juice it with celery, lemon, and apple to make it taste good! Knocks it out like it’s nothin- one day or less. I keep up the sunflower lecithin to not have a relapse. Early, often, and after!

Brooke Sarazyn
        Student
        Topic Author

I want to add that the reason I expressed using caution while I was using poke root on my breasts as a breastfeeding mother is because poke root can be very toxic . Please don’t follow my lead without speaking to professionals and do keep yourself + baby safe if new to this plant .

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top