Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Essential Oils Medicinal uses of essential oils

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by .
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have several books on the topic but few references for effective use of essential oils as effective medicine.  Could we have a few teachings on this topic. While they may make a room smell lovely in an infuser or bath, could we explore topical uses as medicine?

1 user thanked author for this post.

I had been diagnosed with Rosacea a few years back and of course they put me on doxycycline (an antibiotic) for months to clear it up. While that did work, the antibiotics just make you feel ucky and it’s not really good for you. I had a few other flare ups and ended up not tolerating the doxy very well.

While trying to find something else natural, I started to get interested by essential oils, and just by chance ran across a post of someone using Palmarosa essential oil for rosacea. I tried it and it worked! Palmarosa has a lovely light rose scent. To be honest I’m not crazy about floral scents (actually my allergies aren’t crazy about flower scents), but this was more than tolerable.

To use – put 1 drop of Palmarosa essential oil in 1 teaspoon of your moisturizer. Mix well and use once a day.

To be clear, I use moisturizer twice a day, but only used the Palmarosa mixture once through the day. This cleared up my rosacea quicker than the meds, and I haven’t had an outbreak in a couple of years.

Hope this helps anyone else suffering with Rosacea!

Super glad to see that Doc now has Palmarosa oil in the store now.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top