Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Botanical Medicine Plant Identification Mugwort identification

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I have so far only bought mugwort from the web. They don’t sell it in my country as a medicinal herb anymore, but it can be grown and bought from sellers abroad for personal use with out restrictions.

I have twice bought from the UK, but also from Bulgaria and from China. The first times I received dried chopped up plants parts, leaves and stems. Taste and smell have been nothing in particular, sort of like yarrow or nettle tea. Different of course, by nothing very aromatic or lots of volatile oils. The last time I received a package of artemisia vulgaris it was different; very aromatic, a bit heavy smell, almost a bit too much, but not unpleasant. When I pored hot water over it I could see the leaves was like artemisia leaves.

Is anyone familiar with the species in the atemisia family? I think common ones are vulgaris, annua and absithium. As mentioned, I have received something very aromatic, some wood can smell a bit like it too. Hard to describe. How to identify a dried herb? What have I received?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Plant Identification’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top