• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by .
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Heather Clark
      Student

my mother has this issue where she will have days that she has shooting pain in her head on the left side by her ear. The doctors think it has something to with neuropathy or maybe the shingle virus( which she doesn’t think it is.)   Does anyone know of anything she could take with this. This has gone on for a few years and no one knows what to do. Could it be phantym pain from shingles?

Heather Clark
        Student
        Topic Author

oops I mean Phantom pain.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hi Heather, sorry to hear that your Mother is suffering from this condition.  As chiropractor I have to ask you if she’s ever been treated or evaluated by a chiropractor?  Sometimes those types of pains can be related to the upper neck.
            Also,  you may want to look into Teasel root, it’s excellent for nerve related pain.  Hope this helps 🙂

CarolAnn
          Student

My son, when he was in high school, had similar rapid violent shooting pains in his head but were not as consistently localized as your mother’s. Our Dr at the time had him take magnesium! The pharmacist that sold me the magnesium thought my Dr was crazy, but it worked…  my son takes magnesium whenever the pains return.

Heather Clark
              Student
              Topic Author

not sure about recently, but she has seen a chiro doc. will have to find out if she’s asked him.

Heather Clark
                Student
                Topic Author

Thanks for the info. i will ask that too.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top