Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Case Studies Overactive bladder formula?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      CarolAnn
      Student

With a past history of kidney stones and frequent UTIs, I have had an overactive bladder ever since. I was wondering why vinegar and wine and some herbal diuretics (high in tannins) could be felt really fast in my bladder and make me so much more uncomfortable.

I was researching online and found a British urological site that explained how the irritated lining of the bladder would allow urine to penetrate further down than normal resulting in a histamine reaction. I then remembered some of the information from the lessons Doc has done on immune system and the urinary system. I got creative but conservative because tinctures are still alcohol:

6 drops Gumweed, 5 drops Brigham Tea and 4 drops of Corn Silk tincture in some water I swish before swallowing.

Wow… it works marvelously !!  Thought I would share in case it might help someone else.

(I also found out why urologists say to avoid chocolate. It contains oxalates, tannins and histamine ! 😥 )

Thanks Doc for all the things you teach us 🙂

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by CarolAnn.
        5 users thanked author for this post.
        Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

CarolAnn I’m so happy it’s helping. You are doing exactly what I hope my students will do. You’re taking pieces of information about herbal actions and applying them in novel ways to solve real problems. Really understanding what the body is doing and what the herbs do is the door to being able to solve problems that aren’t on some herb book’s “List of applications” for a given plant. Great work! :0)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

3 users thanked author for this post.

<hr />

Thank you Carolann for sharing that seeing as I also have an over active bladder!

I have been having frequent trips to bathroom throughout the night. Kidney stones as well, for years. I think I might give this a try and see if it helps. Thank you!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top