Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Question about Cayenne and Heart Attacks

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Megan Bumps
      Student

I have heard that cayenne can help stop a heart attack (and stoke, I think). Would using a tincture topically on the chest be enough to help the situation (especially since people might be afraid to put a cayenne tincture in their mouth…I mean, I would be…)?

I have a dear friend who has heart issues and already had 6 stents put in, and that’s all the doctors say they can really do. He still has heart pain on occasion. He is in his 60’s. Any other suggestions?

2 users thanked author for this post.
        KHolder
        Student

I would like to understand this same thing as well, Thank you Megan for asking it. I know of a neighbor who was successful in stopping a heart attack using cayenne but I haven’t asked him how he took it to stop the heart attack. I assume he took the tincture by mouth but it would be interesting to know if it could be done in both ways. Can a cayenne tincture be safely used on people having heart attack that also take heart medicine?

This is different but is there a way to stop a stroke as well?

Curious for those unknown situations. 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Dr. Patrick Jones
          Homestead Instructor

For heart attack, cayenne is taken internally (on the way to the hospital obviously).

I’ve used my Memory & Alertness formula on a number of animal and human stroke cases. Have a look in the Nervous System lessons.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Megan Bumps
              Student
              Topic Author

You’ve used the Memory and Alertness formula to stop a stroke or just to help repair damage afterwards?

Dr. Patrick Jones
                  Homestead Instructor

Technically, there’s no “stopping” a stroke. There are no symptoms until it’s already happened. But, one can certainly try to minimize the effect and heal the damage.

I sure as heck get the herbs in as soon as I think it’s happening.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                  SharonB
                  Student

Would putting a couple drops under the tongue help if the heart beat slows way down to get it back to normal?.    It’s gone as low as 28.  Would tincture work better or a cayenne infused oil?  Or would swallowing it be better?  There are no pain meds involved.  What about hawthorne

SharonB
                      Student

This is a somewhat frequent occurrence and so far it corrects itself after a couple minutes.  Primary care osteopath said to call 911 when it hits 40.  We are almost 1/2 hour away.  So far we are experimenting to get his pulse back up.  moving around helps it go back up but would cayenne do the job and what is the fastest way to get it to his heart?

Dr. Patrick Jones
                        Homestead Instructor

I’d take it internally if it my heart were getting slow. Seems like it’d speed things right up. Screaming like a little girl and jumping up and down are added benefits and also benefit the heart. :0)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            SharonB
                            Student

For fastest results would you make an oil infusion with cayenne pepper to keep on hand or actually eat something with cayenne pepper in it?  A couple weeks ago, his pulse dropped to 17.  He is waiting for an appointment with the cardiologist but things move pretty slow up here in our neck of the woods.

When I had a gallbladder attack, which looked like a heart attack to the EMT, I was given nitro glycerin orally. I would think the cayenne tincture would act in the same way and, as such, I would not be afraid to take a tincture orally. Maybe you shouldn’t tell the recipient what is in the herbal preparation you are giving them. If you are the only help personnel on the scene or your help has been requested, just give your herbal medicine in confidence–your recipient will pick up on your confidence and be more accepting of your ministrations.

Paige
                        Student

Just curious.  Since we often treat ischemic strokes with “clot busters,” would a tinctured herb that interferes with clotting be worth a try (on the way to the hospital).

PMR

Jane Melonas
                          Student

Ive studied this technique since 2010. Cayenne Pepper is safe at whatever is tolerable (Palatable). However, I teaspoon in 2oz of water is going to burn alot. So what I do is make a tincture at a tolerable point. Then if you need to use it for an attack, you can double the dosage as you see fit. I keep Cayenne tincture on hand at all times. From what I have studied, there is only a tolerable aspect to cayenne pepper as opposed to a toxic level.

Jane

SharonB
                            Student

I only have about 1/2 cup of freeze dried cayenne pepper to work with.  It did not produce well last summer and no one sells them around here.  We don’t use alcohol so vinegar, olive oil, glycerin, coconut oil, etc. are my options.  My thought is to make an infusion – Which of these would absorb the quickest?  Does it need to be undiluted or can it be put in water or tea

Jalapeno peppers are readily available, would those work?  I know they aren’t as strong but not sure what strength is needed.

Jane Melonas
                                Student

I mix My cayenne pepper with Olive oil or Coconut Oil.

Jane

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Scroll to Top