• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by .
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tonya Gabbert
      Student

I would like to maintain rosemary over winter. I have failed several times even inside in pots. Has anyone had success in the Midwest who would like to share helpful tips? Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Greg Boggs
        Student

I live in the PNW and we have never been able to overwinter Rosemary. They don’t really like being houseplants and it gets too cold in the winter here for them to survive outside, so we’ve resigned ourselves to buying it every year. That said, if anyone has any tips, I would love to hear them

3 users thanked author for this post.
          Ann Agent
          Student

The only place I’ve ever seen rosemary overwinter is in the the Southwest. Its even used as landscaping in apartment buildings.  It has beautiful purple flowers in the late winter/early spring.  I was at my sisters in AZ for 3 months, where I had ‘planned’ on harvesting at least 4 to 8 oz of rosemary, but never got around to it before we left.  SIGH.

Liberty or Freedom? Know the difference!

I was in NJ and saw that the animal park had tropical plants growing outside- it was winter time and they had them covered with burlap… I’m going to try that this year as well as plant near a wall that will help retain as much heat as possible

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Scroll to Top