Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Angela Norris
      Student

My cat was bitten by a poisonous snake two days ago. She went to the vet, received antibiotics, steroids and an IV, and pain medication. I’m sure there is a poultice of some type she needs to help the bite. She was bitten on the neck. She can’t walk much without falling over. she mostly sits (she is in a crate). she will not eat or drink. she is about 5 months old and weighs 6 1/2 lbs. I am concerned about her dehydrating.

Paige
        Student

Have you considered Echinacea?  I believe there is a post in the blog about “snake oil”.  I am pretty sure I have heard Doc Jones refer to it in a number of videos.  I hope this helps.

(REDACTED By Auto-Moderator Robot)>

PMR

Angela Norris
            Student
            Topic Author

Thanks Paige, I read it, but I don’t know if it can be used on cats. or what or how to do anything.

Sharon
                Student

Hey Dr. Jones – I think we have a feline emergency here that only you can best answer.  Perhaps you could give Angela some guidance for her little fur baby!

Sharon
                  Student

How is kitty today Angela?

Paige
                Student

At the very least maybe you could use the tincture in a spray bottle and apply it to the site.  I hope your baby is doing better.

PMR

Dr. Patrick Jones
                  Homestead Instructor

Hi Angela,

Sorry about the slow reply, just saw this one. If you have a time-sensitive question shoot me an email or call me.

All of my formulas are safe for dogs or cats or livestock.

Venom and sting formula internally and topically is perfectly safe for cats. Have a look at the Venomous Bites & Stings Lesson too. Hope kitty is ok.

Email doc(at)homegrownherbalist.net

Phone 208-410-2381

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Dawn Shelstad
                      Student

Hi Angela – I hope your kitty is OK! We have a LOT of rattlesnakes here and I am super excited to be able to learn how to handle snakebites.

Laura Casiano
                      Student

Hope your kitty is ok Angela, my neighbor just lost her dog from a rattlesnake bite yesterday (with vet care). I wish I would have known and found Dr. Jones’ remedy sooner. Definitely one I am keeping on hand.

Wish you the best.

Viewing 4 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Scroll to Top