Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Essential Oils Sore Throat–Lavender

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle
      Student

My go to for the start of a sore throat is “Lavender”.  I put a few drops on my throat area and spread from ear to ear.  Then I lay with my heating pad around my neck.  Always seems to work for me.  Thought I would pass it on.

CarolAnn
        Student

I have never tried lavender… next time I will! In Jan I was sick and I made a roller bottle with sesame oil and clove and tea tree essential oils and rolled on/rubbed my neck. That works pretty well. I originally used the clove and tea tree for rubbing on my bladder when I think an infection may be coming on. It really works there at any rate. I thought well I should try it on my throat !

Terry Reese
          Student

When using the lavender eo you mean diluted with carrier oil or not? Thanks!

Laura Pauk
              Student

It is good practice to use most essential oils in carrier oils.  Happy blending 🙂

Hi, I am new to Herbalism and this course 😊 what is your favorite carrier oil to use for topical applications?

Elizabeth
                    Student

I love using either coconut oil or jojoba oil as a carrier Michele 🙂

Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh, what needless pain we bear,
                      All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer!

I’ve always used lavender for calming purposes and it works really well. I’ve never used it for a sore throat but I’m definitely going to try this. Thanks 😊

Do you find using lavender topically works better than drinking a lavender tea?

My granddaughter has a sore throat.  I hadn’t thought about using lavender.  Thank you for the information.  I was wondering also if it would help for laryngitis?

Viewing 5 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Scroll to Top