Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Other Healing Modalities Taser for bites and stings

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joelle
      Student

Has anyone here heard of using a taser (a weak one) for venomous bites or spider bites or have any experience, information, etc on it? In the area where we live, several people we know have used them seemingly successfully. Actually my brother took his sock off one day to notice he had a bit on his foot where the flesh was weeping and disintegrating. We used our taser on it and it started healing immediately.  Also have heard missionaries to jungle areas say that they’ve used that on snake bites. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with it.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yes! I have a small electric shock unit for bug bites, spider bites, etc… It’s made for it though. The electric shock neutralized the bite and whatever is in there. I didn’t know you could get a weak taser. Mine is not called a taser, but a bug zapper. I would think that if a small unit works for smaller stuff, a bigger one would work for bigger stuff. I would also think you could google it to see if anyone has had good success with it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

It’s called insect bite relief. It’s just a small unit that works off a battery and it’s for minor bites like mosquitoes, fly, etc… but I have used it for bee stings and more serious venomous bites. I don’t think this would work for a snake bite though. You would need something more powerful. But there is something about the use of electricity against venom. I don’t know if it neutralizes it or what.

Joelle
        Student
        Topic Author

Wow! That is so cool that you actually have a unit designed for it. Do you mind sharing what brand you’ve found that works well for you?

Susannah
          Student

We have a Weber igniter that my mom rigged up to work in a similar way. It’s not super powerful though, and we’ve only used it to zap smaller things like mosquito and chigger bites–never anything that was actually venomous. I would be curious to know the brand of your bug zapper thing too. Is it powerful enough to neutralize something like a snake bite? Where did you find it? 

Susannah

Dr. Patrick Jones
            Homestead Instructor

Wouldn’t it be easier just to taze the snake before he bites you?

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top