Tagged: 

• This topic has 11 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by .
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Toni Connell
      Student

What are safe uses for tea tree oil?  I have been mixing a few drops in my shampoo and my thinning hair has thickened over the past few months.  Have been told that it’s good for ear aches as is onion juice.

2 users thanked author for this post.

We have successfully used it to remove skin tags and warts. I also diffuse it in a blend with eucalyptus and peppermint for sinus relief.

Jean Harwood
        Student

Can tea tree essential oil be used for oral health?

Joelle
            Student

I know of people who have used it for oral health especially when fighting infections. But I would hesitate to use it straight. It seem that it is pretty strong stuff and needs to be used carefully especially in the mouth. So maybe diluting it with a carrier oil. That makes me think I wonder if you could do oil pulling with a little essential oils added to the oil.

Jane Lee
                Student

Hi Elena,

I’m also a student in the HGH school and figuring things out as I go but thought to add the wee bit I’ve discovered.

I was adding tea tree oil to baking soda and using it for toothpaste.  Decided to do an internet search and a couple of points came up.

The FDA does not regulate the production of essential oils so companies have wide berth in how it’s processed.

From Dr Axe (*think* he’s credible):

• NOT for internal use: According to the National Poison Center, tea tree oil is known to be poisonous if swallowed. Tea tree oil should NOT be taken by mouth for any reason. If you are using tea tree for foul breath or oral health, make sure you spit it out afterward to prevent potential side effects like digestive issues, hives or dizziness.

While it’s not typically swallowed for oral health, a small amount does remain in the mouth afterwards.

Thanks for posing the question.

Jane

3 users thanked author for this post.
              Arlene Hege
              Student

I have a friend who uses it for oral health all the time. I’m not sure exactly HOW, but I know she uses it to brush her teeth.

I have been using it to try and get rid of a fungus toenail. Not really seeing any improvements though. Not as diligent about putting it on twice a day so I guess that’s to be expected.

I also have tried tea tree oil to fight toenail fungus, I usually remember to apply it once a day. You are not the only one. We have been using it in our shampoo to help prevent our preschooler from getting lice at school.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Peggy Christy
                Student

Tea tree oil is a staple in my house. If you do a google search  ( I don’t use google anymore, switched to Brave). Anyway you will find 101 uses for it. It is an amazing anti-fungal.  I make all of my body products and it is in most of them. But, I do not take it internally.

Jenelle
                  Student

Great for tons of things including skin irritations.

Blessings,
                    Jenelle

Lori Ash
                    Student

It’s my understanding that Tea Tree oil is good for scalp issues. I would like to incorporate it in that sense but the smell of it is not one I particularly like. How can I use it and minimize the scent it leaves?

There is an essential oil called Niaouli, which is a tea tree variant, which is very good for respiratory issues that I have used when I have a cold.   I just diluted it with carrier oil and made a chest rub.

Denise Kent
                      Student

Oh, I might try this. I have scouring the internet looking for ways to thicken and regrown my hair!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Scroll to Top