Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Medicinal Herbs Teasel for multiple sclerosis

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Zoey Meissner
      Student

Hello!
        I have a dear friend with multiple sclerosis and have been looking for safe options for her to try for her symptoms. I saw a video Doc Jones posted about using a teasel tincture and gradually increasing the drops per day (max of 30) but also saw another student’s post about using evening primrose. Has anyone had experience with both ( to provide a comparison)? Thank you for any guidance you may provide.

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

I haven’t used the primrose for it but have had remarkable results with the teasel.

Teasel (Dipsacus spp.)

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Good morning .  I have two daughters who have developed seizures. they seem to start with muscle cramping and head ache then progress in to full body cramp and tremors.  the medical community can find no explanation.  one is on medication the other is not.  I know you made mention of it in passing in a video mentioning other herbs combined with Teasel.  could you  if some one happens to know where I could find it , I would be grateful.

Dr. Patrick Jones
            Homestead Instructor

Is it actual seizures or is it muscle cramping?

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Valery Nguyen
              Student

Good Morning Kirk, First as someone who use to have seizures and has been down the route of doctors doing every test but not being able to figure out why I want to say…. I am so sorry your girls are having to go through this. I’m sorry you’re having to go through this as well. All that said. Look into Psychogenic non epileptic seizures. Let me assure you it is very real,  but will not show up on any test. Usually pupils will be huge right before the seizure starts.  The trigger is stress and anxiety, both mental and physically. Some people usually get what is called an Aura before they go into a seizure some do not. You will also notice when near their cycle they may have more seizures around that time. I went through them for close to 10 years. Praise be to God he healed me. There are some medications they would want to put them on but I highly recommend you ask doc for herbal remedies, due to the fact the meds for this usually is ativan, and other sedatives like xanax, or Klonopin, with very bad side effects. I truly hope this helps you at least find somewhere to start. looking forward to your reply.

Have a blessed day!
                ~Val~

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Scroll to Top